VISTA Disability Management Inc., we are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy, and security of the personal information we collect, use, retain, or disclose in the course of conducting business. We subscribe to the industry-wide Model Code for the Protection of Privacy and we are fully compliant with the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA), as well as the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Identifying Purposes – VISTA identifies the purposes for collecting information at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent – VISTA collects, uses, or discloses personal information only with the knowledge and consent of the individuals concerned (unless consent is not required by law).
- Limiting Collection – VISTA collects personal information only by fair and lawful means and limits the information collected to that which is necessary for the identified purposes.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention – VISTA does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than that for which it was collected, except with consent or as required by law. VISTA retains personal information only for as long as is necessary for the completion of those purposes.
- Accuracy of Information – VISTA ensures that personal information is accurate, complete, and current, to the extent necessary for our identified purposes.
- Safeguards – VISTA applies all appropriate safeguards and security measures required to protect personal information from loss, theft or unauthorized use.
- Openness – VISTA makes available, upon request by individuals concerned, specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access – VISTA, upon request and as required by law, provides an individual with information about the existence, use, and disclosure of that individual’s personal information. The individual may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance – VISTA accepts that an individual can challenge our compliance and issue a complaint to our Privacy Officer.